Passport and Citizenship in Portugal
Citizenship by Investment | Get Second Passport in Portugal
Portugal lies along the Atlantic coast of the Iberian Peninsula in south Western Europe. It shares a border with Spain in the east and north, while the Atlantic dominates the coastline in the west and south.
Portuguese is spoken by more than 200 million people in several continents, including Europe, Africa and America. This diversity has contributed to the deepening of historical and cultural ties between Portugal and the world.
The state form is a pluralistic democracy. Under the Constitution, the organs of sovereignty are the President, the Parliament, the Government and the Courts.
A member state of the United Nations since 1955, Portugal is also a founding member of NATO (1949), OECD (1961) and EFTA (1960); it left the latter in 1986 to join the European Economic Community.
Portugal is a developed and a high income country, with its GDP per capita in 2014 being 78% of the EU27 average – increasing from 76% in 2012.
Main Benefits of Obtaining Citizenship in Portugual through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
- Ability to reside, in Portugal while ever the investment remains intact
- All the benefits of permanent residency plus
- Freedom to travel throughout the 28 EU nations
- Consular protection within the EU
- No physical residency requirements
- The ability to run a business, work, live, and study in any of the EU member states
- Attractive tax incentive schemes for capital investment
- ‘No double taxation’ (or low tax) agreements with more than 60 other countries (for more details please see this link)
- Access to health care facilities throughout the EU
- Free or lower cost education within the EU
Portugal’s Golden Resident Permit Program is offered in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Department of Consular Affairs and the Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency (AICEP).
The program yields a residency permit in Portugal to non-EU investors who fulfill one of the investment options below and meet the following requirements:
Hold no criminal record.
Solid Business background information
Excellent financial background
Provide proof that investment funds originate from abroad.
Enter Portugal for the first time on a valid Schengen visa.
Meet or exceed the minimum stay requirements. (Seven days for the first year, 14 days for subsequent two-year periods.)
Global Leader in providing Citizenship and Residence solutions
CitizenshipConsultant, a brand name of CC Consulting, an international legal finance consulting company providing integrated Citizenship and Residence solutions with real estate option for high-net-worth-individuals (HNWI), business people, global families worldwide to offer mobility, personal and financial security.
95%+ Success Rate
We are the guarantee for your success.
Data security and confidentiality are our top priority.